Saturday, July 30, 2011

Visit to Suffern, NY



Monday-Wednesday, July 18-20

I picked up Auggie from the dogsitter’s and headed up to my old neighborhood, Suffern, NY. Destination was Trisha and Tom’s house, great people who I am honored to call friends. 



New to me this trip to Suffern were two adorable little kiddles named Everett and Shannon, 3 years and 18 months, respectively. Auggie was also able to say hello to his doggie buddy, Helga, who seemed to have a doggie crush on my handsome furry man.




It was hotter than blazes when we got to Suffern. While Shannon took an afternoon nap, Everett played in the backyard pool while Trisha and I caught up. The heat, a visit from neighbor Nicholas and two squirt guns from my van produced one of the best squirt gun battles I’ve had in a long time. The battle went to a new level when Nicholas ran home to bring back two automatic assault squirters. Man up, ladies – you are about to be drenched by two skilled little squirt-soldiers! Those two young men had no qualms laying into me and Trisha with steady and unrelenting fingers on the trigger. But honestly, it was so hot that we didn’t much care. Trisha and I pulled out some Charlie’s Angels squirt moves, too. We rocked!



Gratefully, Tom’s skill in the kitchen has not diminished one bit and I was treated to delicious meals and an, ahem, “healthy” serving of wine. But laugh we did, and cry we did. It was a welcome treat to be back among great friends. Trisha & Tom - thanks!  



On our way out of town, we also stopped by our former neighbors' house to see Irwin & Francis Meyer. Unfortunately, we got Irwin in the morning, just as he was prepping to leave the house. Wish we would have had more time to spend and say hello! We'll have to come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment