Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cleveland


Friday, July 29

Every day I write this, I have to check the previous entry to make sure I know what the date is. I’ve been OK at remembering the day of the week, but the date is no longer important to me. Wow – I used to run my life according to my Microsoft Outlook calendar!

Went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame today. But first, I had to drop Auggie off at a local doggie daycare for the day. He spent the day at “Inn the Doghouse”, which I found from a Google search.

Dropped him off and then drove to the R&R Hall of Fame. What a cool place! I could have spent another couple of days in there. 





From footage of Elvis, to Lady Gaga’s infamous Meat Dress (which was made of REAL meat - they have cured and preserved it – and the shoes, too!), to a section on Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” to a current exhibit of “Women Who Rock”, it was an awesome six hours. (They forbid you from taking photos (one man got caught and had to check his camera). Very few photos from inside the exhibits for that reason. L)






(Re the hanging hotdog above, I just did a quick Google search, and turns out the hotdog is in reference to Phish's song "Meatstick". You can read the Wikipedia reference here.) 

I don’t consider myself a music aficionado by any stretch of the imagination. But watching the films of the inductees to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I felt like I did know the music even if I didn’t know what Eric Clapton looked like. It was a really good day. Makes you want to go out of there and just sing!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment